Monday, February 25, 2013

Day 17: Favorite Villain Mar 16, 2011 10:48PM PST

This bird just doesn't die; until of course you pump it full of missiles for the billionth time.

Of course, it's really Meta Ridley who was my favorite boss battle ever:

It was so much more fun than the infuriating battle that followed, and it was my first exposure to the series' most undead boss.

Days 3-5 of the Son-A-Day Challenge:

Day 3: A song that makes you happy

It's just such a damn good song from an amazing band. Somehow, the day after the Oscars sucked, Conan had one of his best shows ever, and providing me with my new favorite band was a hell of a way to end it.

Day 4: A Song that Makes You Sad

Let me pre-empt this by saying I don't know much about Nate Dogg other than a few songs here and there, so my sadness isn't exactly profound but I did like his voice and it's sad to hear he's gone. Also, I make no comment on his personal life, of which I know nothing.

It's always sad to see good talent die, and his smooth vocal style was accessible to me. And it's not every day a hip hop tune involves an epic flute solo!

May he rest in peace.

Day 5: A Song that Reminds You of Someone

It's either very self explanatory why this reminds me of someone, or you've never been deeply infatuated with a well-to-do/pretty girl what-have-you yourself.

To be fair, it reminds me of a LOT more than just that person, but that person does work as a good metaphor for the song's theme: being really captivated by something, then finding it meaningless, and in my case being a little lost about what has meaning to you after a while.

Again, that doesn't all revolve around one person, but certain memories of them are a hell of a catalyst for those thoughts.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment