Monday, February 25, 2013

Day 22, the day before mah birfday y'all: Most disappointing sequel Mar 22, 2011 1:20AM PST

Don't get me wrong, it had some things going fort it: I like side scrollers and Zelda, so the combo was a plus (theoretically), it had stat RPG elements which were another nice way to introduce me to RPGs without having to suffer turn-based combat (to each his own, just not my style), and ... well that's about all I remember being good from my rental of its re-release on GBA.
Otherwise, it controls a bit too much like the first Castlevania (i.e. stiff), it's a bit too hard to be fun for me as a platformer, which wouldn't be so bad if you DIDN'T START FROM THE STUPID CASTLE EVERY TIME. 
Honestly though, I wouldn't be opposed to a reboot of this Zelda if that last element was taken out. With it in however, it was entirely too frustrating for me to enjoy, which is a shame.
Damn... my list has a lot of Zelda on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment