Sunday, February 24, 2013

Hurricane Aug 30, 2008 1:11PM PST

coming this way supposedly. Never knew what it felt like to actually worry about these things.

Now that I'm in East Texas (Nacogdoches), I guess I'll have to be a little more like my friend from Vidor (not even near as racist as the town is rumored to be just to make that clear) and actually learn to care about a hurrican coming and not just laugh at the idiots who bought property so close to the Gulf.

It's a 3 hour drive to my house, so it shouldn't be too hard to gtfo in time, but still, it's annoying going through life worrying only about pussy tornados that never hit you to wondering about the very real threat of hurricanes, namely Gustav.

I remain doubtful it will hit me (I'm just too damn lucky and precious) but I did get an email about campus alerts talking about the situation, and subscribed to these alerts to keep me posted.

Yup.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment