Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sweet Jul 17, 2008 2:50AM PST

Just bought a ticket for Dark Knight at 12:01 AM. Apparently, it does come in handy when the community around you doesn't appreciate good cinema (more of a White Chicks crowd). Also, it only cost me $5.50 with the original price being $4.50 before convenience charge from Fandango. Awesome, way better than Ticketmaster's ludicrous (often over $10) convenience charges.


I'm looking forward to it on 2D Big Screen especially after Philips and Roeper's glowing review

Does anyone know what they mean by "20minutes of IMAX footage"? I thought the whole thing would have to be...

Anyway, I'm also busy with : Portrait of Ruin and possibly the best installment of Guitar Zero so far:

I R Sorryz I have forgotten some of How to Playz teh guitarz, I will hopefully post a vid where I r more concentrated of a full version of either Thunderhorse or Iron Maiden's teh Trooper of which I have learned all but solo in future.

The Ibanez SA120. Now I realize that I messed up on some riffs as it was 6AM and I haven't practiced with a decent guitar for quite a time (just started playing again ten days ago go easy on me) so I've compiled a list of what I'm playing and a few more excuses:

Beginning: (00:00 to 00:20)Improv with an Irish twinge I didn't notice while playing.

Riff 1: (00:20 - 00:24)  a VERY brief attempt at Steve Vai's "For the Love of God" followed by(00:24 - 00:32) more improv when I remember Iliterally found the tabs 20 minutes beforehand and can't remember this for shit.

(00:32 - 00:42)Then I palm mute some open notes and nod my head like a jackass for God knows why cause I don't think I was that into it then.

Riff 2: (00:42- 00:51)Opening to Black Keys' "Just Got to Be" which goes well enough despite having metal guitar tone but otherwise I thought I did at least decent.

(00:51 - 00:57)More open note BS then

Riff 3: (00:58 - 1:33)What I've learned of Dethklok's "Thunderhorse", musta gotten camera shy and gone too slow on the opening "solo" but I felt the riffs afterwards were decent. Sorry, haven't learned the sweeps yet.

Riff 4: (1:34 - 2:13)What I could remember of Diamond Head's "Am I Evil?" which I know through the Metallica cover. Again camera shyness leads to a couple too-slowly transitioned notes and around this time I realize the sound quality would be better had I laid the camera recorder on the amp so as not to pick up my acoustic playing. Luckily, I actually did ok on the tapping, and I've always wondered why so many guitarists use their middle fingers for this technique as I find pointer finger much easier.

Riff 5: (2:13 - 2:30)Opening to AC/DC's "Thunderstruck", or at least... apologies to ilovepsm

I was attempting to demonstrate how to play it since you asked and with only the knowledge of what my friend told me to do about a year ago (that's right, haven't played this tune in a WHILE) and ended up demonstrating why you check tuning/tone before you do shit. Anyway, I'm holding G and High E strings down and pulling off, just in case that helps.

(2:30 - 2:50) A couple improvs and attempts at the first sweep in Dethklok's "Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle" as taught by Skwissgaar which  I swear I learned but kept adding an extra note then on the final attempt missed a note and finally just went on to

Riff 6:(2:51 - 3:00) a bad attempt at one of the riffs in Am I Evil?

Riff 7:(3:00 - 3:08) One of the solos in Metallica's Master of Puppets, also a tune I haven't played in a very long time. I get the first few notes well enough but luckily I remember how much I forgot and do more improv then

 

Riff 8: (rest of vid) Steve Vai attempt part 2, goes somewhat smoother but still having only looked at the tabs once I can't remember where one or two notes are and screw up. I figure I've had enough screw ups but don't feel like making another vid resulting in this message:

I R Sorryz I have forgotten some of How to Playz teh guitarz, I will hopefully post a vid where I r more concentrated of a full version of either Thunderhorse or Iron Maiden's teh Trooper of which I have learned all but solo in future.

Back to FAFSA online and PoR level grinding. Have fun everyone.

 

Some New Material for The Color Violence (It's Me): Preview

 

 

 

Edit: Just to get this out of my system, why did you all expect E3 to be so huge? You know it's essentially been devolved into business meetings and have known this since the demise of Hollywood-level spending on it in recent years.

These are conferences in the most bland fashion, and for some reason I was already expecting that but no one else read into the "get what developers pay for" aspect, evidently.

Just like with Shamylan films, I just don't get why any of you set such high expectations.

On a side note, digital Netflix sounds quite lovely.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment