Sunday, February 24, 2013

Ten in 2010 Dec 31, 2009 11:05PM PST

The first ten games that catch my eye while I read this list will be featured here and discussed, Happy New Year! (PS, this is pretty much entirely hypothetical as I own only a DS as far as new systems go)

1. Bayonetta - 360, PS3

It looks fucking intense, and its complete lack of caring for taking itself seriously is a huge plus. A witch with guns on her feet that kills bosses by getting naked when the hair she uses as clothing turns into a giant monster beast and eats said boss sounds like two things: something a ten year old wrote down while trying to come up with the zaniest thing ever, and something that will be so awesome in execution I'll be giddy as a ten year old. Obviously, I'd get it for 360 based on recent reviews.

2. Dark Void - Wii, PS3, 360

I just think UFO-jacking sounds like such a great step up from carjacking.

3. Heavy Rain - PS3

It looks gorgeous obviously, yet I imagine it won't sell well given the fact it's practically an on-rails movie drama for the PS3. But while most videogame players might not be too thrilled with its press-button-at-the-right-time minimalist gameplay, I see myself as a potential fan of what's sure to have better visuals and storyline than most games out there.

4. Edit: Oops had put Assassin's Creed II for Wii here, but turns out it's coming to Win (Windows), so here's Splatterhouse to replace it

Splatterhouse - PS3, 360

I'm also interested in seeing how Splatterhouse turns out. It could either be that the cheesy violence totally works in videogame form for cheap thrills, or if it sucks as much as movies that do the same thing. I think it looks like it could be fun, but hopefully it realizes it needs gameplay to go with the blood, as Mortal Kombat should have. We're not easily amused by violence for that long.

5. Red Dead Redemption - 360, PS3

I have no idea what it's supposed to play like, I just think the trailer looks really good. Also, a spagghetti western sounds like a good idea for a game, and graphics and story look to be up to par.

6. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - PSP

I love Metal Gear Solid, so if I had a PSP, I'd be on this.

7. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - 360, PS3

While I own two DS Castlevanias and appreciate them (though both kicked my ass, Portrait of Ruin was far easier than the cubed power of ass kicking that is the starting bosses in Order of Ecclessia) I view them as what I play for Metroid because handheld Metroids are too short/easy. I played the PS2 version and mostly liked it, despite its tediousness (and the Metroidvanias know tedium as well) so I'd be interested how Castlevania works on the new consoles, especially with Kojima involved.

8. Crackdown 2 -360

Never having played the first one, I'd like to know how GTA but with heroes plays out. I also like cel shading. Cause I'm weird.

9. Metroid: Other M - Wii

I personally though Metroid Fusion had the best story of the Metroids I've played, so I'm interested to find out what happens between Super and then. I'm also pumped about the 2D bits and third person perspectives.

10. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - Every new platform

I loved Sands of Time, hated Warrior Within, and haven't played a PoP since. Therefore I'm interested in seeing where this series has gone, and this is also the only game on this list coming to a system I actually own (DS).

Bullet Witch Bullets

  • I got my impressions of 1up's "Best OF" blowout (at least as far as the features section goes) waiting in the wings for my next blog if I so choose.
  • Just got back from eating at Grimaldi's (amazing NY style pizza in Dallas' Uptown) and watching Sherlock Holmes which was great. Loved the macabre storyline, the classic Holmes assessment at the end, and the characters.
  • Once again, Happy New Years people. What did you guys do this year?
  • Edit: Also, if you're curious what my voice sounds like when I'm not faking a Swedish accent out of camera shyness (but still have a cold), I played Ben (the non-emo one in the scene) in our audio project my friend Mikel wrote. I wanted to do a simple podcast, but he was more passionate regarding his storyline plans so whatever, it got us an A. Also, he plays Evan (the emo one).

No comments:

Post a Comment