Sunday, February 24, 2013

The computer situation as of now Oct 06, 2010 9:49PM PST

My computer was reformatted as XP Home Edition rather than Proffessional. It works, and gets to the internet with IE, but there are a few things I still need.
  • CD Key: At least my friend says to look if it asks for one, which it hasn't yet, but hopefully I can get it if need be for free
  • Anti-Virus Software
  • Something comparable to Microsoft Office (my friend suggested Open Office)
  • New browsers (I hate IE and the version given to me by this home edition disc is incompatible with the school's website; not gravy, as most papers I write need to be e-mailed to the professor)
So, if any of you have had similar experiences or know of extra info you could give, I'm listening (reading).
In other news, I have started dating someone. She is 23, which means I'm going strong having dating only one person not at least 2 years older than myself.
I'm enjoying my Audio Production class's lab, as playing DJ for 30 minutes at a time can be fun (though reel-to-reel tape splicing pissed me off the one time I had to do that), my Psychology classes are going well with funny teachers and As on both my tests and all my papers, same for my Radio/TV classes (As on all papers, tests will be next week), and most exciting is that I can now read actual music for guitar due to my Guitar 101 class. Technically, I've been RElearning how to read music given the extent to which I was already taught note reading in middle school, but now I can actually tell what I'm doing/supposed to be doing much more quickly.
Speaking of which, had to buy an adapter for the soundboard we use in Audio Production, which has also come in handy with headphones for my guitar amplifier.
If I get my computer up and running, I'll be back to blogging normally, and will actually try working on that FPS Sucks blog.
In the meantime, as always, I'm always open to blog ideas and comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment