Sunday, February 24, 2013

3DS and Heavy Rain Mar 27, 2010 10:43PM PST

Even though I saw this tech on youtube a while ago when someone showed different angle views of a football field on their tv, I'm excited for the 3DS. One, because I don't need glasses, two because it likely won't cost near as much as a 3DTV, and finally because this totally justifies holding out on other DS iterations. I also just got a look at what I think is the middle of Heavy Rain (watched while someone played) and I have to say I'm impressed. It's a pretty solid thriller, and I saw at least one difference in how the guy I was watching played it compared to the outcome of the junkyard scene in the demos. It borrows heavily from a lot of detective thriller cliches (hell, a lot of it reminded me of The Lovely Bones' plot, which I saw yesterday) and some of the characters are stereotypes but I was itching to be the one on the controls nonetheless. Since these two things are what's on my brain most recently, I think a cool concept would be a game like heavy rain for 3DS where you had to tilt the screens to look around for clues. QotD: Are you excited for 3DS and if so what games do you think would work well on it? (Yes this is the least original blog... in a few days)

No comments:

Post a Comment