Sunday, February 24, 2013

Happy New Year from VIctory Square! Jan 01, 2009 1:00AM PST

Had fun in Downtown Dallas. Still sober surprusingly (well not really surprising, but I might be the only one since it's New Years). Snuck into a Chilis thanks to my friend's mom's boyfriend Larry opening the door.... prompting literally 100s of people to do the same (it was a shortcut to a blockaded section to go in and out of the restaurant). Danced like a jackass to pop music. Accepted a Dr. Pepper from a drunk who thought he knew the whole group I was with. Someone got punched in the face through plastic windows in the Chilis. The girls were staying at the W hotel (I and the other guy had to wait outsidecause we weren't on the guest list) and had plenty of horror stories about drunk rich people on elevators. Heard Shaggy's "It Wasn't Me" for the first time since 8th grade. Had friend's mom meet me for the second time but she thought it was first time cause she was drunk then.... given certain banter it's fair to say she has still not met me. Some guy mixed up sportcasters Dale Hansen and Mike Doocy and which channel they were on and yelled "I wanna be up there with Dooce!; I've met him he's like 6 foot tall" and everyone else saw fit to chant "Douche! Douche! Douche!" just cause it sounded similar (everyone but that guy realized he wasn't actually there) Laughed at the name of cover band Metal Shop though they were pretty good. Was asked for cigarettes by a drunk guy who swore I smoked which I do not.... tobacco-wise. Most importantly: actually did shit for New Years; now to see if hulu has Conan... just for GreedFeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment