Sunday, February 24, 2013

Scott Hancock Dec 02, 2008 10:32PM PST

Funny name indeed. Blog space reserved. Also, I've lost a considerable amount of respect for Bill Maher after finding out he has become a chairperson for PETA. Why Bill, why? You criticize religion for its suspension of critical thinking, and then you join fucking PETA? There weren't any other animal rights groups who were slightly more rational? On a scale of 1 to crazy, you just joined an organization that rates a "fundamentalist Southern Baptist" on that fucking chart.Not good for your anti-religion arguments. Oh well, what I agreed with him saying I still do but oddly enough there's apparently a member of the Vatican who doesn't believe the "Jesus story"? I mean I get that even most religious people are able to seperate faith from sheer stupidity for long enough not to believe the talking snake story literally (especially when looked at in its original Hebrew, it actually seems like it was MEANT to be more vague than the English version), but I thought the "Jesus story" was somewhat essential.... especially since despite all the magic tricks and alcoholic beverage making that bog it down, if there is a God, Jesus certainly wasn't a bad example of a miracle; I say that as a person getting less and less religious every day, that guy was right about just about everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment